Pages

Sunday, June 12, 2011

Trimming the "fat"

I have to say that any way that I can trim the fat in my budget makes me very happy! Who doesn't want to save some money these days! I look forward to receiving all of my discount emails every morning from Groupon, Living Social, Half Off Depot, Rue La La, Loclly, Sweetjack, Scoutmob, Restaurant.com, Kudzu and others. I don't like to go out to eat without a pre-purchased deal!


Today, I bought the Groupon Deal to the Atlanta Medical Institute so I can trim the fat literally! In the past I worked in Retail Management and was on the go all the time. I was on my feet for 8-10 hours a day. I didn't have to worry about going to the gym daily but now that I am in an office job that has all changed. My goal is to loose about 30 pounds over the next 6 months or so. I can't seem to find the time to squeeze the gym in there, how hard should that be right? Well, thus far it hasn't worked for me! I have evening appointments a lot so by the time I get home, let out the dog, cook dinner, eat and clean the kitchen its about 9pm and almost time to hit the sack. I need to work it in first thing in the morning which requires more energy on my part.



I am not really into fad dieting or taking pills to loose weight. I just don't think that is the route for me. If I am going to do this, it has to be a life style change. I have to get in a routine to make time for the gym and healthy eating habits. I don't cook unhealthy and I don't keep a lot of snacks in the house. But because mine and Jason's job are on the go all the time we have a tendency to eat out a lot in between appointments so that has to stop! Although I am not into "programs" to help me loose weight I have heard good things about B12 shots and that they help give you the energy to get started. This is why I was very intrigued about the Groupon for Atlanta Medical Institute. I am going to try it out and will let you know how it goes!

1 comment:

  1. Your blog is great! So glad you visited me today! Keep on writing- I love your writing style!

    ReplyDelete