Pages

Monday, September 5, 2011

Misc-y post

Braves Game this past weekend for my Birthday. We were fortunate to get tickets to enjoy the game from the 755 club!




I haven't posted in a while but hopefully I will be on here more frequently. I am thankful for the 3 day weekend this weekend. Today the weather is not good, tornadoes in surrounding cities and the sirens keep going off but thankful that I am at home.

Lately I have been thinking about the things that I want to accomplish this year, I guess being that it was my birthday it got thinking about these things. Over the last year and half I have been focusing on my career which is going great but now I need to work on the balance of my career and continuing to do the things that I want to accomplish on a personal level to keep a healthy balance. So I figure if I document them on here and monitor my goals over the next year then I maybe more likely to accomplish them. So here it goes:


1. Become more healthly - I cook relatively healthy almost always. I always use lean meat such as ground turkey or ground chicken for any pasta dish or even for tacos, we dont eat very much red meat. I dont like to use a lot of oils except when necessary. But our jobs are demanding and we are constantly on the go so sometimes fast food is just so easy. However over the past 3 weeks we have been avoiding fast food and eating out too much. We have been watching what we eat and I have changed the types of food that we are eating and it is working! Now I just need to get the gym into my daily routine. My goal is to get to the gym 4 times a week and then do 2 other activities per week outside of the gym that are active such as hiking Kennesaw Mountain or walking the dog. It is Monday and I have been to the gym once thus far this week so I am off to a good start! The hardest part is getting up. In order to fit the gym in there I have to go at 5:45am to the classes. So getting up at 5am has been very difficult for me.

2. Scrapbooking - I have always enjoyed scrapbooking and making cards. I havent done it in so long. I also have never made a scrapbook for myself, I have always made them for others as gifts. I recently bought myself a scrapbook so I plan to start my own. Also over the weekend I bought some supplies to make my own Christmas Cards which I used to love to do as well. I will post some pictures when I get them done!

3. Blogging - I would like to be on here more blogging and also on my work blog. I am going to try to squeeze it in a few times a week. I enjoy it!

4. Gardening - I think that I would like to start a garden. However I am not sure that our backyard will work well so that may prohibit it. If it wont then I plan to do a small planter with some herbs for cooking. I dont have a green thumb whatsoever so this may be a challenge. Jason always makes me fun of me because I remember just about everything except to water plants and I always kill them.

5. Spending time & effort on myself - I plan to find more ways to enjoy my life and balance work at the same time. I need to make time to do things for myself and do the things that I enjoy so that I am working on. I have started by getting myself laser hair removal because that is something I have always wanted and found a great deal on it. I will let you know how it goes. Over the next year I plan to get out with the girls more for brunch or dinner, take some cooking and baking classes that I have been looking into, go to Six Flags this fall, apple orchard, etc.

6. Organizing the house - although I dont plan to do this all year this is in the near future. I need to get things more organized. We are out of room in the kitchen and I dont have any more room for the gadgets that I want to get! My office is going to have a big garage sale since we are off a main road and we all need to clean out our houses. So the organization must come before October so I can sell the items we dont need anymore! I am going to start with the kitchen and bathroom this upcoming weekend. Then go through the bedrooms and closets! I am also working on organizing my recipes thanks to the birthday present from my friends!

7. Staying on Budget - this proves to be difficult each month but I am going to do it. Now that we are not eating out as much I am saving quite a bit. I also am not drinking a lot of caffeine so Starbucks isnt getting all of my money anymore! I only go about 1 time a week these days rather than 1-2 times a day. I am cutting back in some areas so I can put that money in savings. We will see how it goes.

So those will be the things that I will be working on this year. I will let you know how it goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment